Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nauvoo to Nashville - Part Three

There is a taxi sitting in front of the bus terminal. “How much to go out to Franklin?” I ask.
“Do you want flat rate or meter?”
“I guess it depends on which would be less.”
“$40 flat rate”
“That’s fine. Do you take visa?”
“Yes, sure. I take visa… climb in… you can ride in front… Maybe we can stop and you can use ATM and pay cash”
“That’s fine… you can stop at the bank at the Cool Springs exit.”
“OK”
After we stop at the bank I direct to driver to the house. I explain to him how to get back to the freeway. The poor guy’s got to drive all the way back to Nashville with no passenger. I tip him 10 bucks and head into the house. I have to unlock my van and use the garage door opener. I don’t have a key to this house. I get in, take a look around and head to bed.

3 comments:

Kale for Sale said...

Adventure seems to follow you, Caleb. I'm glad you made it home safely with stories to spare.

Sailingacal29 said...

I have always wanted to do a cross country bus trip. Now more than ever.
Thanks for the journey Caleb.

Anonymous said...

Caleb, I'm sure there are few songs in that; could start another depression album. I've always been a little scared of flying, but maybe it isn't so bad. Probably safer than being stuck in the St. Louis Bus Terminal or being driven by driver with recent cataract surgery. And you sure picked a great time to go busing. Thanks for sharing and saving me the trip-Tony